Knitting with Nancy Wynn
Come and visit me in my NEW Home Studio
Check out my YouTube Channel for instructional videos about knitting.
|Join me for Knitting Help or Knitting Workshops - this month its all about Toe Up socks! Students will learn how to knit socks from the toe up. I will cover in detail several techniques including Judy's Magic cast on, a short row heel, and an afterthought heel. All methods of knitting will be demonstrated (i.e. Double pointed needles, 2 circular needles and the Magic loop). And finally, I'll be teaching my students how to make socks TWO AT A TIME!!! Its important to me that students learn ALL the techniques so we will be making toddler size in any weight yarn. ***Please note: patterns will be provided but students will need to come prepared with yarn and needles that are appropriate for the weight of yarn chosen. If you wish to learn all styles of circular knitting, you'll need double points, 2 circular neeedles - (no shorter than 24 inches) and for magic loop, one 40 inch circular.
|Knitting Help - $15
|Knitting Workshop with emphasis on Learning how to make Two at a time Toe Up socks using the Magic Loop Method. (Students are always welcome to work on other projects too!) - $45 including lunch
|These classes will run at the same time every other Saturday unless informed otherwise. Please refer to my web page often for any important announcements or changes! Space is limited so please email me through the contact page if you are interested in attending my help sessions or workshops!
Effective March 1st I will require that all registered workshop students that wish to cancel must do so within 48 hours of the scheduled class time or a $20 cancellation fee will be assessed.
|Registration is now open for September Help Sessions & Workshops
|Coming this fall; "Bring on the Color" custom hats and mittens. Students will learn jogless color change, Fair Isle and slip stitch color work.
|Comng this winter; "The Heidi Cardigan," named after my good friend and owner of the sweater. What makes this class unique? The sweater is commercially made and students will learn how to recreate it using their measurements, gauge and basic math. Students will learn to write a pattern, draw schematics, customize the size and even learn how calculate yarn requirements...Please check back for registration details!
- Knitting should be both fun and relaxing.
- I teach all aspects of knitting to all ages, from learning the basics to complex patterns and techniques for the more experienced knitter. I’m especially skilled at finishing and incorporating full fashion increases/decreases to give your garment a professional look.
- I’m a perfect alternative for anyone that wants to learn to knit or further improve the skills they have, but doesn’t want to make what’s offered in yarn shops. With me, you can learn what you want whenever and wherever you want!
- I provide a “one-stop” site for knitters who are searching for online technical help without the hassle of navigating through endless sites.
- I will recommend appropriate patterns, yarns, needles, and notions. More importantly, I will be able to point you in the right direction to make all of your purchases.
- My web site will be especially helpful to the new knitter because they will learn through my videos that their problems are not unique but rather common mistakes that can be easily remedied.
A little show and tell time:
Jackie, a long time student of mine made this darling intarsia elephant hat for her little Landon...What a cutie!!!! Beyond the Basics Shawl!
On the left, Grandma Colleen made this darling sweater for her sweet grandbaby Colette. To the right, Lisa shows us how fabulous she looks in her Effortless
Baby Wes has finally grown into the Dragon baby hat I made for him when he was born. The sock on the right was made by a woman who purchased my online sock course through Curious.com. This was the very first sock she ever made.
This beautiful heirloom wedding shawl was made by Patty for her daughter Kelly's nuptials last spring. It truly is a keepsake worthy of being passed down through the generations. And finally, little Gabe had few words to express the love he had for the Wonderful Wallaby that his mom Stacey made for him a while back.
|News and Upcoming Events
I am now a Certified Instructor with Curious.com
ANNOUNCEMENT!!! My Curious.com sock course is now available for purchase. Please follow the link and check it out!
Find me on Raverly.com
We have yarn bowls by JEANNE. Custom orders are availabe upon request.
Exclusive - small project bags by Lisa Johnson available for purchase.
Custom orders are available upon request.
Toe up toddler and baby socks.
Bring on the Color Hats and Mittens.
The Heidi Cardigan.